I found myself in yet the same whirlwind of thoughts that often result in the blog post I write which would hopefully resonate with at least one of my viewers. Its often the case for me that I find myself thinking and worrying and driving myself up the wall because I can’t seem to balance my mind. Due to this unfortunate and uncomfortable set back I notice that I’ve been feeling down and unwell. Your mind is the portal to your overall health even if you find yourself physically ill. It’s as important to take care of your mind as it is to take care of your body. The correlation between the two is interconnected. If you think negatively then your perception of life and things around you tend to become more gloomy and dark, and so does your perception of yourself which will harm you in the long run. Negative self-talk is one of the main contributors to negative self-perception which can lead you to building a foundation of mental illness and self-hate even if its not intentional. You’ll even find that things like anxiety and depression have physical symptoms because of the correlation between your body and your mind.
Just a few reminders:
- Think and talk positive about yourself
- Don’t worry
- Take a moment to appreciate everything good that has happened
- Don’t think too far in the future
- Do one task at a time if you have a busy day
- Be happy
- Settle your nerves with positive notions of a situation
- Be optimistic but rational as well
- Don’t sell yourself short
- Be proud of your accomplishments
- Don’t lie to yourself
- If you have a goal, keep it and work toward it
- Receive compliments
- Take care of your mental well being even if that means cutting off negative people
- Be comfortable with being alone sometimes
- Treat yourself once in awhile, you deserve it!
- Know when you had enough
- Stand up for yourself
- Don’t give people explanations to things that are none of their business
- Have private time to yourself to recuperate from the world
- Love yourself and know when to slow down your everyday routine
- Make sure to eat healthy and drink water
- Talk to people who are there for you
- Ask for help. It’s a sign of strength!
- Don’t overwork your body
- Encourage yourself to keep going even if you find yourself discouraged at past outcomes
Remember that there are people who love and care about you even if you don’t know them personally (like me!). Take care of your mental well-being because you are important and you deserve to feel overjoyed to live.
Keep being great and conquering everyday even if its not easy.